Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Without a Paddle




Movie: Without a Paddle.

This was one of the best movies ever... to burn... in a fire.

Three morons (Dax Shepard, Matthew Lillard, and Seth Green) played three morons on a treasure hunt and we get to see their wacky adventures along the way.

I mean- come on. Let's be serious. Who makes these movies? What bunch of people sit down together and decide that this would be a hilarious box office hit. And who casted it? Some super original movie guru got Seth Green to play a short nerd and two other semi-actors to play his tall lesser-nerd friends. I'm pretty sure they just threw this script at people and signed anyone who read it.

Poor Paramount Pictures. What were you thinking?

What it is worth to me:

Nothing. Luckilly, I didn't pay to see this movie. I rented it from Sabrena's collection downstairs- even though she warned me of it's crap factor. Miles was crying during part of the film and David and I were doing other projects for the rest. I'm glad we had some other distractions. For this lack of a film, I'd have some Pepto-Bismol in one hand and maybe a good book in another. Hope you like it.

8 comments:

Allison said...

I love that you did a review on it anyway, You are a very dedicated blogger. Love it!

Spencer Davis said...

What was Matt Lillard doing in a movie without Freddie Prinze Jr? Thats where the casting went wrong. How did Sabrina come to own this movie?

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

To answer darth's question: It came in a three pack including school of rock and orange county -Danny

Emily said...

sometimes really bad movies are the most fun to watch. If you're in the mood, that is. Nothing's more fun than making fun of a movie with Jon, like blades of glory

Suite-Smith said...

Too bad while you were watching that crap. My husband and I smuggled in our 2 yr old and his dvd player to JUNO PG-13. Luckily he found Leap Frog Letters more enticing than a pregnant teenager with a boyfriend who wears wristbands. Anyway we really liked it.

MJ said...

You are so funny! I love you! I'm so happy to have found your book reviews.

McCall (Bowen)Judd

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Yeah, since Danny posted under my name... I'll post under mine too...

For the record, the 3-pack my husband described was a gift from the old man... and while I have watch School of Rock and Orange County; sadly little sister, you were the first to break the seal on that awful movie (i saw it on a plane... for free, and ended up taking off my headphones because staring through the SkyMall magazine looking at things I would NEVER buy was still less painful than that movie...

I tried to warn you.

PS. Sassa, what's up with blogstalking cicely and yet, no comes on SuiteSpots? I've even got pictures of your kids on my blog...

Hillary Corpuz said...

I have seen this show, however I have to admit that there is one part of this movie that makes the whole show worth it. When they start the fields of marajauana on fire and they are all high and seth green is acting like his is int he matrix. Oh my gosh, laughing so hard Im crying. But seriously that is it.

About Me

My photo
My name is Cicely Suite Cain. I'm a wife to David and a mother to Miles and Faye. We live in "Cleveland, Ohio!" where Dave is going to med school. That is me. Livin' the dream.