Saturday, March 29, 2008

Enchanted



Movie: Enchanted

This Disney semi-animated find-my-true-love musical "makes fun" of all the other find-my-true-love stories. Upon reflection, I thought something about this movie seemed familiar... Oh yeah, it's Shrek. Only they were ogres and these guys are human.

I think it is safe to say that David and I were the last people in America to see this movie. I heard nothing but great reviews and I was expecting great things. My sister Cassandra sings the song with her daughter and they twirl about the room.

It was cute, but I didn't find anything particularly awesome about it. (I wasn't twirling anywhere.) It does exactly what it was intended to do- make you feel good. Patric Dempsey and Amy Adams always seem to make people feel good.

What it's worth to me:

We saw it on a plane. I'm glad we saw Enchanted and not Snakes on a Plane, but I'd be lying if I said I loved it. I'd buy it on DVD if I had a daughter. But, I don't- so until I get a daughter I'll leave it be. I watched it with a tiny bottle of water and some snack mix. If I were to watch it again I would probably heat up some popcorn and grab a bag of skittles. That might make it a little better.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Scott and I actually haven't seen it yet so you were the second to last people in the world that hadn't seen it.

I hear good things too. I'll have to remember the popcorn and skittles though!

Radical Richmonds said...

cicely, its shanna! my thoughts EXACTLY on the movie enchanted! i was laughing my buttootie off at what you wrote about it! :) i watched it this last weekend with my sister and her little 2 year old daughter. i dont think coleman would ever just sit down and watch it...but if he did, im sure he would think some parts are funny..."oh my this will not do!" all the rats, cockroaches and every other creepy-crawly thing comes crawling out to help, "clean up!"

Radical Richmonds said...

ps...you better add me to your "blogs worth blogging!!!"

Spencer Davis said...

I would watch this for McDreamy, but thats about it.

Suite-Smith said...

That is really sad for you. I LOVE IT, I LOVE TROY BOLTON and Mc Dreamy too.

nana juweed said...

cic, you are so freakin' funny !!!!!!
and a really great hostess- a super mommy and a delicious looking 'fetus' carrier (that is wierd but awesome). thanks for letting us play at your house and I'm glad you played at our house all those years- what do you do on game nights? and why can we not watch a "drop dead fred" together with skittles and popcorn,
your miles is adorable- much cuter than Milo! Cannot wait to see the other bebe!
take care,
lovies
nana juweed

About Me

My photo
My name is Cicely Suite Cain. I'm a wife to David and a mother to Miles and Faye. We live in "Cleveland, Ohio!" where Dave is going to med school. That is me. Livin' the dream.