Sunday, March 2, 2008

No Reservations



Movie: No Reservations

I love romantic comedies and I love food. I love romantic comedies that base their plots around food. That is what this movie is. Classic story... Woman inherits a Kid. Kid needs a Friend. Man Friend and Woman have a rocky start until Man becomes Kid's Friend. Oh, and most of the film takes place at a restaurant.

So here's the deal. I love romantic comedies and I love food, but I didn't "love" this movie. If Randy Jackson was reviewing this movie he would say, "Yo, yo, yo. It was just alright for me, dawg." You said it Randy. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. I much prefer the German original titled: Mostly Martha. Rent that if you want a good movie.

The casting in this film wouldn't be my first picks. I have never really liked Catherine Zeta-Jones. (Yes, I know that you think she's hot.) She has never done much for me. Her co-star, Aaron Eckhart, is alright I guess, but I can never get over the fact that he looks like he was sculpted in a toy factory. My favorite actor of the bunch is the talented Abigail Breslin. Little Miss Sunshine. If you noticed, I chose a picture for my blog that shows my liking for each actor in order of how close they appear in the photo. Go ahead and scroll up if you need to.

What it is worth to me:

I don't think I would pay to see this at the theaters- even the dollar theater. I would, however, watch it with my love after Miles has gone to bed and maybe pop some popcorn. We would make fun of most of it and I would probably end up crying at one point or another. It's a mediocre film with a feel good ending. I recommend it to my sister Cassandra and her Wade. It's much better than the Lake House.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Cicely. You are too funny. I love the way you write.

I've been wondering about this film because I actually like all the actors. Catherine because I want to look like her. Love her dark hair and skin. Aaron because he went on a a mormon mission and I loved him in Thank you for smoking and Abigail because, come on, she is the cutest....but based on your review I don't think we are going to not watch Lost to watch this film.

Keep up the reviews!

Cicely said...

Sigh. It's so nice to have someone say nice things about my ramblings. Especially someone that is much cooler than I am.

Double pump to the heart and a 2 fingered peace sign.

Spencer Davis said...

Cicely-
I can't believe you didn't like The Lake House. SciFi/Romance at its finest and you can't go wrong with Keanu.

I'll make sure to keep away from No Reservations even if CZJ is a babe.

Ian said...

Katie and I saw in on an airplane and it was worth about that. It was good to pass some time on an airplane, but I wouldn't go out and rent it instead of the many other good movies out there.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Cicely, did you know that Aaron Ekhart is a Mormon? So you should like him for the same reason that Spencer (excuse me, "Darth Spencer") voted for Mitt Romney... ;)

Check it out at "Famous Mormons"
http://famousmormons.net/tv2.html

Great post though. I think Catherine Z-J and I have a lot in common. We're both way hot latinos... and Danny thinks Keanu is ...well, just say "Keanu Reeves" and wait for his response.

Suite-Smith said...

I cant believe no one likes the lake house. I STILL DO. is there something wrong with me :)

Cicely said...

Cassandra-

Yes. If you think the Lake House is a good movie- there is something wrong you.

Sorry sista.

About Me

My photo
My name is Cicely Suite Cain. I'm a wife to David and a mother to Miles and Faye. We live in "Cleveland, Ohio!" where Dave is going to med school. That is me. Livin' the dream.