Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miss Potter



Movie: Miss Potter


This is the "based on a true story" story of Miss Beatrix Potter, writer of lovable children's tales such as Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny. The story itself is quite deserving of a screen adaptation. Beatrix is a little nutty, and could've easily ended up living alone with her picture friends- much reminiscent to a "crazy cat lady" in modern times.

Miss Potter was played by Renee Zellweger. Once again, Renee is now one step closer to pursuing her life long dream of becoming British. Although, I'm still not convinced. You know, despite her unnecessary super squinty eyes that I usually have a hard time seeing past, (get it? seeing past?! The pun on "seeing?" come on. It was funny.) she wasn't bad in this film. She was in just about every scene and I don't remember getting sick of her at all.

One actress I would love to see more of was Emily Watson. She played best friend to Beatrix and sister to Beatrix's Publisher (Ewan McGregor). I am looking forward to seeing some of her newer stuff.

There is one character that I feel that must be shared to those of you who have not seen the film. It is Beatrix's father. I searched online for a photo of him, but it is nowhere to be found. Just picture an older man with two large curly haired rats taped to his cheeks. Cause that's what it looks like. No... it doesn't. Its much, much worse. You'll see.

What it's worth to me:

I liked it. I could watch it again. I probably wouldn't watch it again soon, but I wouldn't mind netflixing it again in a year or so. I'd watch it with some popcorn and an ice water with a lemon slice and sprig of mint. Thank you for recommending it Cassandra.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Cicely, I thought the seeing joke was funny. Its not so much her eyes for me but her pursed lips in every paparazzi picture. I despise them.

I'll have to check out the movie someday.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Cicely, I don;t see the joke here... Get it "see" the joke... yeah, it's still funny when I take it too far too.
:)

Spencer Davis said...

How much did Renee gain for this role? Get it? Role? She eats lots or roles to get fat for her roles. Just thought I'd join in on the craziness.

Tell Cassandra that her crazy Hippi water with lemon and mint sounds gross.

Cicely said...

Darth-

The lemon water was my idea. Hers was watching the film. Although, it does sound like something she would drink. Hippie.

Suite-Smith said...

I am not a hippy I am almost as poor as a hippy and my 1 year of living life not as a hippy has passed very quickly. And Spencer I only drink water with Benefiber in it now because I am getting so freakin old. Oh well I need to go Max just put on his Polyester Buzz Light Year costume w/o underware. POOR KID

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

About Me

My photo
My name is Cicely Suite Cain. I'm a wife to David and a mother to Miles and Faye. We live in "Cleveland, Ohio!" where Dave is going to med school. That is me. Livin' the dream.